Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:23:35 +0200
From: Marc Baaden <baaden@smplinux.de>
To: debian-science@lists.debian.org
Subject: Which tool for schematic 2D plotting of 3D data?

Hi,

I want to do some 2D visualisation of 3D data and wonder whether
some tools exist to help me in the task. I have 3D data (atomic coordinates)
and want to generate some schematic plots in 2D, basically things like
projections along an axis. For instance I would like to "extract" via a
2D plot the contour of my molecule. If I were to do this without tools, I could
eg try postscript and calculate the arcs that make up this contour. However
I would rather avoid doing this from scratch.

Is there any utility that can help with such a task?

Thanks in advance,
 Marc Baaden