Re: Which tool for schematic 2D plotting of 3D data?

There might be other programs out there, but for what you describe I
would use PAW (part of debian), creating an ntuple and the plotting
subsets by making logical or graphical cuts to the data.

ROOT (http://root.cern.ch/ [not part of debian yet]) is the C++
equivalent of PAW.

Ricardo