Re: jabref destiny

Hi Gregor,

Thank you for your rapid correspondence.
> The problem from my point of view is that it builds in my normal
> environment (with the Sun Java jre/jdk installed) but not in a
> pbuilder chroot (because the Sun Java packages require a "Yes, I
> agree with this licence" confirmation which obviously doesn't work in a
> chroot) - I don't know what the buildds would do in that case.
but jabref is architecture "all", why buildd should see it at all? :-)

> Furthermore the future of Sun Java in Debian is a little unclear - to
> put it mildly.
well... since finally it made its way into non-free, I think (hope) that
it will stay there for quite a while ;-)

> And I've tried to compile jabref with free java compilers but without
> success so far.
It might be worth seeking for help of "Debian Java Packaging Project"
members: http://pkg-java.alioth.debian.org/, if you really want to get
involved that much ;-)

> So I'm a bit unsure what should be done about jabref.
> >...<
indeed, it might be worth asking for an advice from -dev mailing list

> > P.S. Gregor, Unfortunately could not inspect jabref package thoroughly
> >  since
> >  http://www.toastfreeware.priv.at/debian/unstable/jabref_2.0.1+2.1b-2_i386.changes
> >  lacking read permissions for us ;-)
> That's a feature (bug?) of mini-dinstall.
> You still can grab all other files from
> http://www.toastfreeware.priv.at/debian/unstable/ though.
Well... though I doubt that anyone would run after you but you are
violating GPL license now -- binary is available without the full source...
;-) and it forbids me to try pbuilder on it...

P.S. I excluded ITP bug for now from the destination addresses now
that it was "touched" to signal the activity and update its current
status ;-)

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]