scripts that relies on $ROOTSYS

Hi,
I'm a user of the ROOT packages available at
http://mirror.phy.bnl.gov/debian-root/ (btw thanks to the
maintainers). I recently had to work with a lot of scripts and
makefiles that  relied heavily on ROOTSYS being set.

Fortunately I could edit those scripts and hardcode the right
directories (/usr/bin /usr/include/root etc.) but  I wonder if there
is a sane way to cope with this scripts, short of creating a directory
with symlinks to all the relevant files (argh!) and point ROOTSYS
there.

Hope you have some useful suggestion, bye,

Emme

--
"Aspetto un'emozione sempre piu' indefinibile" (CCCP Fedeli alla linea)