Re: Science and Education by tasks, not by disciplines.

Charles Plessy wrote (Monday 15 May 2006 10:33 am):
> Having read the thread, I think that one solution is to take the same
> approach as for the Games section. Then, if the resulting number of
> categories is a bit too much for a 14'' screen, one can part them
> between Science and Education, by putting a line between what is useful
> mostly for professionnals, and what is not. For instance:
>
> Science
>   Bibliography
>   Databases
>   Imaging
>   Modelling
>
> Education
>   Discovery
>   Quizzes
>   Training

I think this could be a good idea, definitely worth considering. The
discussion so far seems to have focused on how to partition the disciplines
or, more accurately, how blurred the disciplines are. This idea would bypass
all that crap. Why do we need to use discipline as the criterion?

Peace,
Brendon