Re: Packaging Starlink CNF (highly portable fortran<->C bridge)

I have built starlink software before, specifically sla, and found
that a good place to get relatively "normal" tarballs from which you
can build individual components without needing their entire build
system are available here:
http://dev.starlink.ac.uk/build/DEBIAN-3.0r3_i386/dist/. I have only
used the sla code from that directory, but there is also a tarball for
cnf in there, I see.

I considered working on packaging starlink software, at least sla,
when installing sla at my job, but put it far on the back burner since
we, unfortunately, mostly do not use debian-based distributions where
I work. But if someone besides me is interested in seeing part or all
of the starlink code debian-ized, I would be happy to assist!

Nick