Re: FORTRAN common blocks

	I find that Fortran compilers are much better at picking up
mistakes than C compilers.  I also find the language much more intuitive -
but this may simply reflect my having much more experience of Fortran than
C.

	As regards the capital letters - I invariably use lower case in
Fortan these days as it is much more pleasant to read.  However, it is
convenient that older code uses capitals as it reminds one that it has not
been converted to f95 yet.

	One problem I have never been able to resolve - I accept that C is
better for systems programming, but why on earth does anyone use it for
scientific code?  Can somebody enlighten me?

		Richard James.