Re: Debian Science Extremadura work session?

El vie, 13-01-2006 a las 17:03 +0100, Andreas Tille escribió:
> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Frederic Lehobey wrote:
>
> > After this suggestion and Steffen Moeller answer¹ I have created in
> > December the wiki page http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScienceMeetings
> > (without advertising it unfortunately).  Since then several meetings
> > are getting themselves organised.  See
> > http://wiki.debian.org/WorkSessionsExtremadura .  There seems to be
> > only two possible dates left (March 22-26 and December 13-17) but the
> > most important questions are:
> >
> > 1/ Who would be interested in?  I see possibly at least Dirk
> > Eddelbuettel, Steffen Moeller and I.

I would be interested, I am not Debian Developer but I am working for
the GNU Spanish team on Free Software and Science relationship and work
as GNUticias editor (GNU news in spanish).
Moreover I have opened the GDL (the free idl compiler) ITP a few months
ago. I would like meeting with people interested on this package and
project.

> Count me in for the December meeting.  (I will not join any long term,
> i.e. > than one weekend, meeting in the first half of this year for
> private reasons.)

March or December.

> > 2/ What for?

Technical work and discussing about the relationship between science,
debian-science and free software.

> > * who will be at Debconf 6?
>
> ... unfortunately not because real live is stronger than Debian
> engagement in this particular case. :-(

I will not attend Debconf 6.

> > Obviously with such a message I am volunteering to help organise such
> > a meeting in Extremadura would it be considered interesting by the
> > Extremadura sponsors.

If you need help, don't hesitate contacting me. If I have enough time I
could help you.

--
Juan Antonio Añel Cabanelas

http://juan.gulo.org

Grupo de Usuarios de Linux de Ourense (GULO)

http://www.gulo.org

"El sentido común es la cosa mejor repartida del mundo,
pues cada cual piensa que posee tan buena provisión de él,
que aún los más descontentadizos repecto a cualquier otra
cosa no suelen apetecer más del que ya tienen"