Re: Any interest in Debian packages of Geant 4?

On 23 December 2005 at 21:20, Kevin McCarty wrote:
| > Meta comment: Anybody thought about starting a Debian-Physics Custom
| > Debian Distribution? ( http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/ )
|
| Isn't that basically what Quantian is?  Or is the focus of Quantian

Sort of, yes.

But a) Quantian is more than "just Physics" (though it does Physics quite
well thanks to all your excellent packages) and hence not as focussed as a
'Physics CDD' would be.

And b), Andreas' concept of CDD is also narrower in the sense that it closer
to Debian and more directly derived from Debian.  My Quantian is more of an
unofficial red-haired child from the larger Debian/Knoppix family that
doesn't make it into all the official lists. On the other hand it actually
exists and works :)

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison