Re: Any interest in Debian packages of Geant 4?

On 12/23/05, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:

> > Run "apt-get update" then "apt-get source clhep2
> > geant4".  You need to build and install the clhep2 .deb first, then
> > geant4.
>
> I would consider this as a step in between for an official inclusion of
> a package.  There is obviousely interest here on this list and probably
> there are some more people outside of this list.  Including software
> into Debian most probably has the side effect to enhance the upstream
> software as well so there is no real reason to keep it outside.

Well, clearly there is at least enough interest that I don't feel I am
wasting time by making the packages. :-)

> Meta comment: Anybody thought about starting a Debian-Physics Custom
> Debian Distribution? ( http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/ )

Isn't that basically what Quantian is?  Or is the focus of Quantian
not quite targeted enough to the specific needs of physicists?  (I
have no opinion on this myself, just curious.)

best regards,