Re: Debian's PAW should now work on AMD64 (also: OpenPAW)

"Kevin B. McCarty" <kmccarty@Princeton.EDU> writes:

> In case it slipped past people's notice, I just wanted to mention that
> Cernlib's PAW data analysis program <URL:http://packages.debian.org/paw>
> should work OK on Debian/AMD64

Nice.  One less reason to keep my cluster at 32 bits.

> On another note, I've found an interesting set of applications called
> "OpenScientist" on the web: <URL:http://openscientist.lal.in2p3.fr/>.
> It is GPL and apparently aims to be a competitor to ROOT (about which
> the main OpenScientist author seems to have a bit of a chip on his
> shoulder).

Heh, ya' think?

  "OpenScientist is definitely NOT one million lines of intricated and
  unnecessary complicated home made code reinventing everything."

  "And we must point out that writing in C++, java or C# does NOT
  consist to put a ';' at the end of lines of a FORTRAN program."

There are some other gems in there.  They are funny because they are
true!

Anyways, this project looks quite interesting, thanks for pointing it
out.

-Brett.