Re: xml as a scientific data format

    > Hello all, Does anyone have any good references that make
    > clear and good arguments for representing long sets of
    > scientific (floating point) data in xml files (e.g. strings
    > of base64 encoded data).

While HDF5 may appear to be more complex than XML, I've found
that the most important distinction is just what you mean by
"long" sets.  If you are dealing with multi Gbyte data sets, I
wonder if there is an XML library that will be as efficient as
HDF5.

NCSA has a collection of HDF5 and XML papers that might shed some
light: http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu/HDF5/XML/papers.html  (I just
googled HDF vs XML).

Mike

--
Michael A. Miller                               mmiller3@iupui.edu
  Imaging Sciences, Department of Radiology, IU School of Medicine