Re: xml as a scientific data format

On 17 December 2005 at 23:16, Michael Gilbert wrote:
| Does anyone have any good references that make clear and good
| arguments for representing long sets of scientific (floating point)
| data in xml files (e.g. strings of base64 encoded data).  I need to

You could google for 'statdataml'. There are even Debian packages (for
interchange between Octave and R as working examples), as well as a few
papers and technical reports.

Personally, I would tend to think that hdf wins by being a more efficient
binary format with lots of well-known loaders and interfaces, but you may
have other goals.

Hth, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison