Re: [pkg-bioc] Re: Genetics Program

* Steffen Moeller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> [2005-12-08 18:09]:

> Am Donnerstag 08 Dezember 2005 17:34 schrieb Dirk Eddelbuettel:
> > That is exactly the rub: I am not a BioC user, and I can't be the default
> > maintainer for another few dozen (or dozen squared) packages.
>
> Could we arrange a BioC repository for Alioth?

This is a no-brainer and any member of the pkg-bioc group should be able
to upload files into the directory
/org/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/pkg-bioc/htdocs/<something> at
the alioth.debian.org server.  The repository URL would then be
http://pkg-bioc.alioth.debian.org/<something>.

I see that the /org partition at alioth.debian.org has still 34 Gb free.
I would though ask the Alioth admin people before setting up the
repository.  We could also automate the creation of the repository
through a cron job, although I guess that there will be limitations on
using alioth.d.o's CPU time.

I can help you in setting this up, if you wish.  Drop me a note.

--
Rafael