Re: Genetics Program

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

What is the story with emboss?  Couldn't find it for the currently ongoing
preparations of the next Quantian update. Are there binaries somewhere?

Are you looking for biological software in and outside Debian in general?
I hope you noticed

    http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/microbio

There is a link to inofficial packages of Emboss, but the site of Matt Hope
was reorganized.  Find the sources of the package directly at

    http://debian.bioinformatics.unsw.edu.au/dists/sid/main/source/science/

The packages are for version 2.8  the latest upstream version seems to be 3.0.
I started an Alioth project at

    http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-emboss/

but this does not have any content yet.

That is exactly the rub: I am not a BioC user, and I can't be the default
maintainer for another few dozen (or dozen squared) packages.

ACK.

Wenn durch das Land die Grippe saust, es meiner ganzen Sippe graust.