Re: Tool for symbolic integration/derivation ?

	ld> On 11/17/05, Marc Baaden <baaden@smplinux.de> wrote:

	>> Hi,
	>>
	>> I wonder if tools exist in Debian to perform symbolic maths,
	>> in particular derivation, integration and simplification of
	>> functions.
	>>
	>> If there should be several packages, which ones to choose ?

	ld> $ apt-cache show maxima

        Recentely also wxMaxima (a front-end to Maxima written in
        wx/gtk) was added to the unstable archive:

        % apt-cache search wxmaxima
        wxmaxima - a wxWidgets GUI for the computer algebra system maxima

        If you use maxima 5.9.2, I suggest to use the package version
        0.6.3 that fixes compatibility issues with the latest maxima release.
        It is available at:

        http://people.debian.org/~zufus/wxmaxima

        and will be uploaded in the archive in the next few days.  The
        package is very young.. tests, comments and bug reports are
        welcome.

        Regards

        Marco Presi

--
"I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini. Voglio dire, se Pac-Man avesse
influenzato la nostra generazione, staremmo tutti saltando in sale

"Videogames do not influence kids. I mean, if Pac-Man influenced our
generation, we were all jumping in dark rooms, chomping pills and
listening to electronic repeating music."

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989