Re: Tool for symbolic integration/derivation ?

On 11/17/05, Marc Baaden <baaden@smplinux.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if tools exist in Debian to perform symbolic maths,
> in particular derivation, integration and simplification of
> functions.
>
> If there should be several packages, which ones to choose ?

$ apt-cache show maxima
Package: maxima
Section: math
Installed-Size: 29524
Maintainer: Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>
Architecture: i386
Version: 5.9.2-2
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.5-1), libgmp3c2, libncurses5 (>= 5.4-5),
libreadline5, gnuplot-nox
Recommends: maxima-share, gv
Suggests: texmacs, maxima-doc, wish
Filename: pool/main/m/maxima/maxima_5.9.2-2_i386.deb
Size: 8050698
MD5sum: a0e253997e728fc7a0bc5a09236993e4
 This system MAXIMA is a COMMON LISP implementation due to William F.
 Schelter, and is based on the original implementation of Macsyma at
 MIT, as distributed by the Department of Energy.  I now have
 permission from DOE to make derivative copies, and in particular to
 distribute it under the GNU public license.
 .
 This package contains the main executables and base system files.
Tag: field::mathematics, interface::text-mode, interface::x11,
made-of::lang:lisp, role::sw:utility, uitoolkit::ncurses,
uitoolkit::tk, use::learning, x11::application

--
LI Daobing