Re: Bester installation image missing virtio net Modulen

On 27.04.21 14:40, Valentin Vidic wrote:
On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 12:08:01PM +0200, Christian Borntraeger wrote:
I think we did not tell him to go away. It was just that the patch itself
has some downsides in that it can break existing howtos (that do contain
console=tty0).

We could revisit the initial patch (I think we also need to change
arch/s390/kernel/setup.c set_preferred_console) and then
we would need to test all possible combinations on LPAR, KVM, z/VM
and see if we could fixup existing documentation.

Would Valentin be willing to provide a new version that also touches
setup.c?

Sure, I can try to update that patch, but would probably only be able to
test it with KVM.

That is OK. I will try to test it then on LPAR and find someone that will test
it on z/VM. Please remove the cc stable as I want to have this tested for
a while. Hopefully it only affects the ttysclp0 console, which is not the
default console for z/VM and LPAR. We would at least need to change the
device driver and commands documentation. Anything else?