Re: Hercules Bus Error

On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 21:22:10 -0500 (EST), Philipp Kern wrote:

> I think that your post should end up somewhere accessible and google'able in
> documentation, as it is probably something a bunch of people will struggle
> with when getting started with Debian on the mainframe. Except that I don't
> know where. Some of it might belong into the installation manual, but most
> of it is just how Debian network configuration works on the mainframe
> and I'm not sure if we have good enduser docs where this would fit…
>
> (Thanks for writing it up!)

Well, it obviously wasn't what the OP wanted to hear, but maybe it will benefit
someone.  But I know what you mean.  There's no well-defined place for it.
Network configuration in Debian for s390x is part sysconfig-hardware
(which is poorly documented), part udev (such as
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules), and part ifupdown.  There doesn't
seem to be a single, well-defined place to document it.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :