Re: installing

On Apr 21, 2006, at 6:54 AM, Shimon Lebowitz wrote:

I am sorry to say that it seems impossible.

I recently also tried to install, under z/VM 4.4
on a z890, where I had the downloaded CD
on an NFS server, also connected through an
OSA link.

The linux startup files got me into
the configurator (as you showed in your email).
I successfully connected to the network,
but it ONLY seems to work with an Internet
connection to one of Debian's hosts.

As long as you have connectivity to one of your own hosts where you can assemble a Debian mirror (rsync works well for this) you can install from that mirror rather than one of the official ones.

Adam