Re: installing

I am sorry to say that it seems impossible.

I recently also tried to install, under z/VM 4.4
on a z890, where I had the downloaded CD
on an NFS server, also connected through an
OSA link.

The linux startup files got me into
the configurator (as you showed in your email).
I successfully connected to the network,
but it ONLY seems to work with an Internet
connection to one of Debian's hosts.

I have in the past installed linux on IBM with
NFS from a CD, but that seems to be out of style
now.... I cannot understand *requiring* an Internet
connection EVER, but certainly not for something
other than a personal home computer.

Debian looks like it is out of the picture for me,
and since the big distributions are only available
for $$$, I don't think I will be running any more
linux either. :-(

Shimon
VM Sysprog
Israel Police Natl. HQ