Re: netiucv question

Laurent Siksous wrote:

I can't figure out why i can't use more than one iucv interface with the precompiled 2.4.9 debian kernel image (unstable) and also after recompilation of a 2.4.16 kernel

I guess you mean kernel 2.4.7, Debian never used kernel 2.4.9 - that was
Red Hat. :-)

insmod: /lib/modules/2.4.16/kernel/drivers/s390/net/netiucv.o: too many values for iucv (max 1)

Please note that the guest names need to be sepatared by colons (":") and
not commas (","), e.g. "modprobe netiucv iucv=tcpip:linux1:linux2". Does
this works for you? If not, please tell us the exact command line and
the contents of /etc/modules.conf.

Where is this limit fixed ? I have another linux router running on SuSE and a 2.2.x kernel on the same VM who manages 8 connections to different hosts at the moment.

There's a limit, it was around 80 connections with eralier 2.4.7 kernels
but this limit was then raised to over 200. I have tested IUCV with more
than 150 connections and it worked fine.

--
Stefan Gybas