Re: S/390 woody status

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 03:55:23PM +0200, Stefan Gybas wrote:

> - Installation:

I see your patch in the BTS for debootstrap (#107262), but have you tested
whether debootstrap actually works correctly on s390?  There are no s390
packages in woody yet, so obviously the stock scripts do not work, even with
your patch.

> goal. We'll see how well the installation with boot-floppies works -- if it
> does not, we'll package our script instead.

This is very ambitious.  Big pieces of the toolchain just recently were
uploaded for s390 (that is, in the past few days).  I'll do what I can to help
make it happen, though.  It would be nice to have at least something available
for the woody release.

--
 - mdz