Re: S/390 woody status

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 03:55:23PM +0200, Stefan Gybas wrote:
>   + We might integrate this script with boot-floppies but there is currently
>     not much in common. S/390 machines only have a 3270 console which does
>     not support ncurses or slang, so the whole boot-floppies GUI will not
>     work there. Also, there's no need to configure the keyboard and no
>     support for DASD (disk) partitions.

Kernel-2.4.5 or higher support DASD partitioning. (using fdasd included in
s390-tools) boot-floppies can use it, maybe.

I'm testing sid for S/390 on MP3000. it works well.

P. S. : Running websphere is an important issue, especially on glibc-2.2.x.
        Could you check 'Roswell' (Redhat 7.2-beta for S390)?

Chu-yeon
--
 Chu-yeon Park <kokids@debian.org>                : KoKIDS means KOrean KIDS!
               <http://people.debian.org/~kokids> : I love Debian!