Re: RFS: ruby-spdx-licenses, metadata-json-lint and ruby-pathspec

Hi,

On 20-12-21 01:57:14, Gabriel Filion wrote:
> I think I'm done with three more of the dependencies:
>
>  * metadata-json-lint
>  * ruby-spdx-licenses

Both uploaded to NEW.

>  * ruby-pathspec

I've pushed two fixes regarding description and copyright to the master
branch.

However, more important: this fails to build for me.

Without having done further investigation, I assume, that initially you
pulled the gem from rubygems.org, and then later on switched to pull the
tarball from GitHub. This makes sense, and is the right thing to do, in
many cases. However, both the pristine-tar and upstream branch still
represent the data of the initial import, which is why my build fails
due to:

dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
 ruby-pathspec-0.2.1/.rubocop.yml
 ruby-pathspec-0.2.1/.rubocop_todo.yml
 ruby-pathspec-0.2.1/.travis.yml
 ruby-pathspec-0.2.1/Gemfile
 ruby-pathspec-0.2.1/Rakefile
 ruby-pathspec-0.2.1/install_from_source.sh
 ruby-pathspec-0.2.1/pathspec.gemspec
 ruby-pathspec-0.2.1/rspec_all_versions.sh

The Salsa CI uses a different method, and therefore isn't affected.

Could you please fix this? The easiest way might be to copy the debian
directory to a temporary location, starting from scratch, importing the
tarball obtained from GitHub, and then moving the debian directory back
into place.

It might make sense to also delete the repo and recreate it. (If you
want to go this route, and lack permission to do so, feel free to ping
me on IRC.)

Let me know if the above doesn't make sense, or if you run into
problems.

Thanks for your work,
cheers,
Georg