Re: nokogumbo 2.0 and missing nokogiri.h - request for help

Am Montag, den 09.11.2020, 17:49 +0530 schrieb Pirate Praveen:

> I'm trying to update ruby-nokogumbo to 2.x and the build fails since it
> cannot find nokogiri.h. I can see we have to not included nokogiri.h in
> the binary package so I tried to include it in include-headers branch
> in salsa (a proof of concept now as it hard codes paths). But even with
> all headers in place, nokogumbo still fails to build (though it found
> the headers this time). ruby-nokogumbo is pushed to salsa master
> branch. Can someone help here?
>
> 1. What is the best way to ship headers in nokogiri? Should gem2deb do
> this by default?
> 2. How to fix this build failure.

nokogumbo ships its own sources of the gumbo library which btw hasn't seen any
activity since 2015. It contains significant changes to libgumbo-dev and is
incompatible. Either we build against the internal source and statically link
the library to the extension or we package the updated gumbo library. However
we might have to bump the SONAME then because there are several packages
depending on libgumbo-dev:

$ reverse-depends -b libgumbo-dev
Reverse-Build-Depends
* claws-mail
* feedreader
* httpdirfs-fuse
* libhtml-gumbo-perl
* litehtml
* ruby-nokogumbo
* tdom
* zim-tools

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,
Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> | https://www.wgdd.de/

If you like my work consider sponsoring me via
https://www.patreon.com/join/dleidert