Re: sup-mail package - from Debian Ruby Attic

Hi Utkarsh,

Wow! That was extremely fast. Thank you so much Utkarsh - very much
appreciated. :-)

Excerpts from Utkarsh Gupta's message of 2020-07-20 04:28:33 +0530:
> This is done now!
> Repository here: https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/sup-mail

Great! Thank you (x2)!

> I have re-uploaded v1.0 to unstable.
> It is in the NEW queue now and will soon be in the archive once it has
> been accepted by the FTP masters. So it's just a matter of time now :)

Brilliant - thank you (x3)!

> Everyone's friendly here, welcome aboard ;)

Thank you (x4)! :-)

> I am happy to maintain this in Debian (as long as you're active upstream :)).
> Besides, if you also want to maintain sup-mail in Debian, I'll be happy
> to help you through :)
> Let me/us know how can I/us help! \o/

Thank you (x5)! That's wonderful to hear. There are two new upstream
maintainers (I am one), and we've both previously been using Sup for
many years before we volunteered to pick up the maintenance, so we're
planning to maintain upstream for the long term.

I would be very happy to help in anyway that I can with the maintenance
of sup-mail in Debian too, following your lead. For example, would you
like me to fork in Salsa, and take a look at the failing pipeline, to
see if we can get to a green build in Debian?
<https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/sup-mail/-/pipelines/157508>.

And one small initial request: thank you for adding the new build
dependencies on ruby-optimist and ruby-unicode-display-width. Please
could you also remove the old build dependency on ruby-trollop?
(ruby-optimist replaced ruby-trollop.)

> Also, the most important part where you can really help is when I forward
> some patches/issues upstream, maybe you can take a look at them and
> provide a fix so it's more easier to maintain the package on the Debian
> side! :)

Yes definitely, I'm of course very happy to do this. I've subscribed
myself to this mailing list, so you can reach me here. Or the upstream
mailing list is <supmua@googlegroups.com>. Or upstream pull requests
and/or issues on GitHub are always very welcome:
https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup/>.

Huge thank you again Utkarsh - I wasn't expecting such a friendly
response. But I can see for myself, you are friendly here, just like you
said. :-)

Kind regards,
Iain