sup-mail package - from Debian Ruby Attic

Hi Utkarsh & Debian Ruby Team,

I am a long-time Debian user (running for 12+ years continuously in
production), but this is my very first post on a Debian mailing list.
I'd like to say a *huge* thank you for all that you do, from a very
happy user. :-)

The "sup-mail" package was removed from unstable and testing in April,
due to FTBFS (no Ruby 2.7 compatibility and inactive upstream):
<https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/sup-mail>,
<https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=956071>.

Upstream is now active again: I and another long-term Sup user are now
the new upstream Sup maintainers. We released a new upstream version
last week, including Ruby 2.7 support and other fixes - Sup 1.0.
Upstream: <https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup>. (I am @IPv2 on
GitHub.)

In Debian, the Ruby Team's sup-mail repository has been moved to the
"Attic". I read the wiki and mailing list archives, but haven't spotted
a precedent for reintroducing a package from the Attic (first to Salsa,
and then to the Debian archive for unstable).

The "sup-mail" package is still in stable, and working fine there. It
would be nice if possible to reintroduce it before the bullseye release,
to avoid breakage for existing users during the buster to bullseye
upgrade, when system Ruby is upgraded to version 2.7.

Three questions please:

(1) Is it possible to move sup-mail out of the Attic
    <https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/attic/sup-mail> - who can do
    this?

(2) Can we sync sup-mail with upstream, with the goal of reintroducing
    sup-mail package into unstable? Upstream release 1.0:
    <https://github.com/sup-heliotrope/sup/releases/tag/release-1.0>.

(3) How can I help? I am prepared to volunteer to do any/all of the
    above. I am likely to need a mentor if I look at this myself,
    because this would be my very first Debian contribution. Who's
    friendly? :-)

(I am sending this email to Utkarsh as the last committer to
<https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/attic/sup-mail/-/commits/master/>,
and to the wider Debian Ruby Team as per the wiki documentation,
<https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Packaging#Joining_the_pkg-ruby-extras_team>.)

Kind regards,
Iain