Re: Weird issue with bundler

El 25/4/20 a las 18:11, Daniel Leidert escribió:

[..]
The issue arises when I run

jekyll new foo --skip-bundle

The created Gemfile contains this:

# Windows does not include zoneinfo files, so bundle the tzinfo-data gem
# and associated library.
install_if -> { RUBY_PLATFORM =~ %r!mingw|mswin|java! } do
   gem "tzinfo", "~> 1.2"
   gem "tzinfo-data"
end

# Performance-booster for watching directories on Windows
gem "wdm", "~> 0.1.0", :install_if => Gem.win_platform?

Now it really is important that bundler doesn't fetch or install anything from
the web here. I'm just having a private support session with this user Yann to
fix his system and I was wondering how to fix the situation for all Debian
users. Jekyll should work out of the box on Debian systems for our users. It
shouldn't require users to deal with bundler at all. One way would be to patch
jekyll to not add this part to Gemfile by default, or make jekyll depend on the
Debian packages containing the gems, even if they are not required.

Or maybe we should set JEKYLL_NO_BUNDLER_REQUIRE in /usr/bin/jekyll by default?
But does this work with so called unblessed plugins like jekyll-compose?

I'm not sure, since I never used jekyll myself, but the behavior I would expect is that jekyll would pickup all plugins present in the system if `JEKYLL_NO_BUNDLER_REQUIRE` is specified, and also that it would not generate a `Gemfile` at all if you specify `--skip-bundle` when running the generator.

However, a quick look to the sources seems to imply that there's no other way of managing jekyll plugins than using `bundler`. There use to be a `config.gems = []` setting but it sounds like it's deprecated and it might no longer work.

Anyways, I'll see if I can make `bundler` behave better in this particular case.