Re: Salsa team, and updating ruby-build

Hello Piper,

Thanks for your contribution.

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 03:38:24PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Am Montag, den 06.04.2020, 02:02 -0700 schrieb Piper McCorkle:
> > On 4/6/20 12:28 AM, Piper McCorkle wrote:
> > > once I get the changes pushed to Salsa
>
> I've accepted you.
>
> Please wait for one of the maintainers to give you an ok to push a new upstream
> version to ruby-team!
>
> > I've made a fork for the time being, in case someone would like to
> > take a look: https://salsa.debian.org/pmc-guest/ruby-build
>
> From a very quick look:
>
> You might want to update the Homepage filed in d/control and the Source field
> in d/copyright and probably everything d/upstream/metadata (note, that Name and
> Contact are obsolete here; the information from Contact goes into d/copyright
> as Upstream-Contact).
>
> The build-depends contain a debhelper entry which is obsolete if you use
> debhelper-compat.
>
> There are several lintian issues to address:
> https://salsa.debian.org/pmc-guest/ruby-build/-/jobs/650340
>
> And I wonder if it belongs into section devel, not ruby.

- the upstream branch should be merged into master. you imported the
  very same content by hand, but it should be a merge instead. you can
  now just merge at the current point, but next time please remember to
  merge from upstream to master instead of replicating the same commit.

- we use pristine-tar to store original tarballs, so please enable it
  your side, and import the tarball: with `pristine-tar commit`

Otherwise it looks good to me modulo the points that Daniel already
raised.