Re: RM chef?

Hello,

On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 02:04:45AM -0500, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Given we discussed about the condition of chef during the sprints (the
> "crazy" renaming of licensing + can be replaced with "tinc"), is it a good
> idea (and time) to file an RM bug for it?
> (it also fails to build against Ruby 2.7)
>
> If chef is removed, the following packages can be safely RM'ed, too:
> - foodcritic
> - ruby-cheffish
> - ruby-knife-acl
> - ruby-comat-resource

I and Stefano (added to cc:) have been maintaining chef during the last
few years. At some point we will have to figure out what to do with it
going forward with it, but I don't think we want it to be removed. Even
if we do end up packaging cinc (tinc is something else it seems), "chef"
will be a transition package to that at least for bullseye.

It currently has RC bugs so should be removed from testing at some point
if we aren't able to do something about it soon enough, and it won't
block anything eles then.