Re: debian/salsa-ci.yml created by gem2deb

Am Mittwoch, den 12.02.2020, 16:11 +0000 schrieb Georg Faerber:
> Hi,
>
> On 20-02-12 15:40:23, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> >    I think I found the culprit and also fixed it. The .gitattributes file
> >    inside the template directory prevents itself and salsa-ci.yml from
> >    being exported into the gem2deb source and therefor into the package,
> >    where both are missing.
> >    I now added a .gitattributes file into gem2deb's root overriding the
> >    export-ignore attribute's value for all files inside the template
> >    directory and the exported source now has both files. So after testing
> >    it (maybe add a test to check, both are created?) another upload might
> >    be in order :)
>
> Thanks for debugging and fixing!

Unfortunately it doesn't work. It seems we can only create .gitattributes in
create_debian_boilerplates(). But I don't see a way to ship it, because its
contents will prevent it and salsa-ci.yml from being exported.

Maybe something like for create_debian_boilerplates():

  unless File.exist?('debian/.gitattributes')
    File.write("debian/.gitattributes", [".gitattributes", "gbp.conf", "salsa-ci.yml"].map { |f| "#{f} export-ignore" }.join("\n"))
  end

If you have a better idea please let me know.

Regards, Daniel