Re: RFS: ruby-tty-cursor and ruby-tty-spinner

Hi,

On 20-02-10 16:41:12, Gabriel Filion wrote:
> ah! nice thanks for catching those. I've sent corrections to both
> repos.

Thanks for your work; ruby-tty-cursor was uploaded by Sebastien,
ruby-tty-spinner by me.

> I'm not sure that I know what this means. Just to confirm whether my
> understanding here is ok or not: do you mean that we should use some
> other method for fetching upstream code directly from tar archives
> published on github instead of getting the gem with gem2deb?

Yes, please pull tarballs from GitHub. If in doubt, have a look at
ruby-gpgme, which does this.

> fwiw, for both ruby-tty-cursor and ruby-tty-spinner, I didn't get
> errors while running tests. but maybe "gbp buildpackage" is doing
> something different on my laptop than on salsa-ci?

Well -- it doesn't error out, still it reports "Run tests for ruby2.5:
no test suite!".

Cheers,
Georg