Re: RFS: ruby-*

Hey,

On 28/08/19 6:55 pm, Georg Faerber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 19-08-28 10:07:34, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
>> ruby-benchmark-memory
> Doesn't build for me, the last log lines read:
>
>     missing:
>      pkg:
>       package: sbuild-build-depends-main-dummy
>       version: 0.invalid.0
>       architecture: amd64
>       unsat-dependency: ruby-memory-profiler:amd64 (>= 0.9)
>
> I didn't looked further.

That is because ruby-memory-profiler[1] was uploaded a couple of days
back (thus not in the archive yet).
You can either pass it's deb (after building locally to check that
everything's fine) or you can rely on me here :)

>> ruby-ammeter
> This looks good in principle, just two minor nitpicks, and a general question:
>
> - Testsuite: autopkgtest-pkg-ruby in debian/control is obsolete.
> - The current version of debian/watch is 4.
>
> Is this software still maintained? The last commit was done in 2016, and also
> the issue tracker doesn't seem that active. If you're positive about this, I'm
> happy to do the upload.

Hah, doing the manual editing of version=4 is a little pain.
Fixed here. Should be good to go now.
While at it, I'll also patch gem2deb to do the same by default.

About the second half, while it may be unmaintained upstream, I can't
help it because this is a dependency of a couple of gem's tests. So we
either don't run the tests or have this package maintained myself.
And I definitely do not want to skip tests like that :D

>> ruby-arbre (thanks to terceiro :D)
> Looks good, except:
> - Testsuite: autopkgtest-pkg-ruby in debian/control is obsolete.
> - Please run wrap-and-sort on debian/control.
> - The description contains just two sentences, both of which are repeated.
>   Could you fix this, and probably extend the description a bit?

Fixed description and ran wrap-and-sort. Good to go now.
Thanks for looking into it with such detail (description didn't really
make sense to me myself :/).

Best,
Utkarsh
---