Re: RFS: ruby-google-cloud-translate, ruby-maxminddb

On 15/08/19 3:02 pm, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 11/08/19 8:46 pm, Samyak Jain wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've prepared the Debian package of the Ruby gem google-cloud-translate, maxminddb. The package was tested on sbuild and
>> was successfully built. It is also lintian-clean. I've
>> uploaded the package to the salsa repo which may be found at
>> https://salsa.debian.org/samyak-jn-guest/google-cloud-translate
> A couple of things:
>
> - The name of the repo should be ruby-google-cloud-translate instead ;)
>
> - You did bump Standards-Version to 4.4.0 but forgot to update the
> timestamp in d/ch. Do a gbp dch -a and keep the part that is needed.
> This would help you get rid of the lintian warning as well.
>
> - Seems like rubygems.org doesn't ship the test directory that is
> present in the upstream. Could you maybe use gh tarballs instead? Or if
> that's too difficult, maybe add them as a patch or something?
>
>> https://salsa.debian.org/samyak-jn-guest/ruby-maxminddb
> All good here, expect for the fact that even with the spec/ directory is
> present, it still says "no testsuite" :/
> Kinda weird, but I don't know what would work.

Ah, this commit explains it all:
https://salsa.debian.org/samyak-jn-guest/ruby-maxminddb/commit/72b98d837064df4d6a9944c93b22851f607fc555

But, some 73 test passes that do not need internet. Maybe we could keep
them and disable the rest 96?
Meh, that'd be too much work :P
So I am fine to let this be disabled for a while, at least.
In that case, this package is good to go! :D

> Also, if you get around with enabling it, the tests would need a couple
> of things to fetch from the internet. And we don't want it. Do look out
> for that when you do (if you do).
>
>> These packages are dependency for loomio and hence are required for
>> completing the packaging.
> Thank you for helping me out. Much appreciated! :D

Best,
Utkarsh