Re: RFS: ruby-google-cloud-translate, ruby-maxminddb

Hey,

On 11/08/19 8:46 pm, Samyak Jain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've prepared the Debian package of the Ruby gem google-cloud-translate, maxminddb. The package was tested on sbuild and
> was successfully built. It is also lintian-clean. I've
> uploaded the package to the salsa repo which may be found at
> https://salsa.debian.org/samyak-jn-guest/google-cloud-translate

A couple of things:

- The name of the repo should be ruby-google-cloud-translate instead ;)

- You did bump Standards-Version to 4.4.0 but forgot to update the
timestamp in d/ch. Do a gbp dch -a and keep the part that is needed.
This would help you get rid of the lintian warning as well.

- Seems like rubygems.org doesn't ship the test directory that is
present in the upstream. Could you maybe use gh tarballs instead? Or if
that's too difficult, maybe add them as a patch or something?

> https://salsa.debian.org/samyak-jn-guest/ruby-maxminddb

All good here, expect for the fact that even with the spec/ directory is
present, it still says "no testsuite" :/
Kinda weird, but I don't know what would work.
Also, if you get around with enabling it, the tests would need a couple
of things to fetch from the internet. And we don't want it. Do look out
for that when you do (if you do).

> These packages are dependency for loomio and hence are required for
> completing the packaging.

Thank you for helping me out. Much appreciated! :D

Best,
Utkarsh