Re: Ruby team BoF; here's what happened!

Am Montag, den 29.07.2019, 09:50 +0530 schrieb Utkarsh Gupta:

[..]
> == For newcomers.. ==
[..]
> - Document all the newcomer stuff (Sruthi is doing that!).

I've setup team pages [1] for debichem-team using the gitlab pages feature and
jekyll [2]. This can be done within 5 minutes. If you are interested, I can set
this up for ruby-team too, including a blog.

[1] https://debichem-team.pages.debian.net/
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/debichem-team/debichem-team.pages.debian.net

[..]
> == Use Salsa CI ==
>
> - We discussed to use Salsa CI but don't know who's willing to go ahead with
> it and how?
> - Maybe this could be discussed over the next IRC meet or the sprint next
> year.

That's pretty easy nowadays. Add debian/salsa-ci.yml with the default content
[3] for Sid. Adjust the RELEASE variable for packages built for buster [4].

[3] https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline#basic-use
[4] https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline#changing-the-debian-release

Adjust the path to the CI file via web interface (Project > Settings > CI/CD >
General pipelines (Expand) > Custom CI config path) or via API call:

> curl -X PUT \
>      -H "Content-Type: application/json" \
>      -H "PRIVATE-TOKEN:__TOKEN__" \
>      --data '{"ci_config_path":"debian/salsa-ci.yml"}' \
>      https://salsa.debian.org/api/v4/projects/ruby-team%2F__PROJECT__

This can easily be done for all projects by iterating over:

> gitlab-api-v4 -a group_projects ruby-team | jq -r '.[] | .name' | sort

Because the salsa-ci.yml file is not really necessary for building the package,
one can add debian/.gitattributes with this content to keep debian/ inside the
package clean:

> .gitattributes export-ignore
> salsa-ci.yml export-ignore

HTH and regards, Daniel