Re: Update of ruby-github-linguist

Hey,

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 5:05 PM Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> wrote:
> From what *I know*, we need gitaly 1.42.5 to support gitlab.
> And as per gitaly's Gemfile: 'github-linguist', '~> 6.1'
> That should explain why  it was not updated to the latest release.

Ah. I only checked the gitaly package dependencies, which just state: ruby-
github-linguist (>= 6.1~). The gitaly package dependecies IMHO should be
adjusted to reflect the fact, that upstream chose to use the pessimistic
operator.

> Also, just curious to know, what d'you need ruby-github-linguist for?

Coincidence. When I adjusted the linguist file-type detection for a project on
salsa.d.o yesterday I discovered that our copy of linguist lacks behind
upstream.

My main task atm is to provide an up-to-date jekyll environment with useful
pugins. Maybe you saw my recent uploads (to NEW).

Ah!
FWIW, I opened an MR, bumping github-linguist but it looks very unlikely as the CI fails.
Probably more patching needs to be done before we could have 7.5.x in the archive.
Let's wait for what they do with it.

Best,
Utkarsh