Re: Update of ruby-github-linguist

Am Mittwoch, den 07.08.2019, 07:59 +0530 schrieb Utkarsh Gupta:
> On 07/08/19 6:22 am, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just wanted to ask, if there are any reasons why ruby-github-linguist
> > should
> > not be updated to the latest release (7.5.1)?
>
> From what *I know*, we need gitaly 1.42.5 to support gitlab.
> And as per gitaly's Gemfile: 'github-linguist', '~> 6.1'
> That should explain why  it was not updated to the latest release.

Ah. I only checked the gitaly package dependencies, which just state: ruby-
github-linguist (>= 6.1~). The gitaly package dependecies IMHO should be
adjusted to reflect the fact, that upstream chose to use the pessimistic
operator.

> > So maybe an upload to experimental is the best solution here?
>
> I am not sure, but maybe? (Praveen would know better).
> But maybe the best solution is to bump github-linguist in the upstream and
> see how it goes.
>
> Also, just curious to know, what d'you need ruby-github-linguist for?

Coincidence. When I adjusted the linguist file-type detection for a project on
salsa.d.o yesterday I discovered that our copy of linguist lacks behind
upstream.

My main task atm is to provide an up-to-date jekyll environment with useful
pugins. Maybe you saw my recent uploads (to NEW).

Regards, Daniel