Re: Update of ruby-github-linguist

Hey,

On 07/08/19 6:22 am, Daniel Leidert wrote:
Hi,

I just wanted to ask, if there are any reasons why ruby-github-linguist should
not be updated to the latest release (7.5.1)?

From what *I know*, we need gitaly 1.42.5 to support gitlab.
And as per gitaly's Gemfile: 'github-linguist', '~> 6.1'
That should explain why  it was not updated to the latest release.

So maybe an upload to experimental is the best solution here?

I am not sure, but maybe? (Praveen would know better).
But maybe the best solution is to bump github-linguist in the upstream and see how it goes.

Also, just curious to know, what d'you need ruby-github-linguist for?

Best,
Utkarsh