Need help with rails to build js files in actioncable (was Re: Failing autopkgtest for ruby-rails-assets-autosize and perfect-scrollbar)

On ബു, ജനു 30, 2019 at 9:41 വൈകു, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

On ചൊ, ജനു 29, 2019 at 7:06 വൈകു, Utkarsh Gupta <guptautkarsh2102@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 5:38 PM Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:
This is actual bug so disabling the tests is not the solution.
rails-ujs is not included in ruby-actionview package, which should be
fixed.

Ah. How do we go about it then?
I have no idea how to patch this up. So considered disabling the tests.
Please let me know what you have in mind.

I have converted the blade based build system with rollup, similar process to what we did with node-turbolinks.

We need to build js part of ruby-actioncable as well and its a bit more complicated.

They entry file there is .coffee.erb so we can't use coffee script to compile it, so it seems the only way is to use blade build system which would handle .coffee.erb I think. But blade has some complex runtime dependencies and I don't know if it is realistic to package it for buster. Any ideas?