Re: RFS: ruby-tzinfo, ruby-gettext, ruby-kgio, ruby-solve

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 11:29:33PM +0300, Hleb Valoshka wrote:
> On 3/21/18, Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> wrote:

> > Is it "normal" that ruby-gettext-setup tests fail with the new
> > ruby-gettext? They seem to pass with the current version on
> > ci.debian.net.

> I've checked ruby-gettext-setup and can say that it doesn't actually
> use anything from gettext gem, only from fast-gettext. So its test
> failures caused by something else, not the new gettext version.

Ok. I've just uploaded ruby-gettext.

> > I was wondering if instead of conflicting with ruby-dep-selector, it was
> > possible to deactivate this engine in ruby-solve, just by forbidding the
> > use of :gecode key in solver_for_engine method in lib/solve.rb.

> I thought about this, maybe patching solve is a better idea, but see
> above. The only solve user is berkshelf so it seems better to patch it
> instead.

I maybe a bit picky here, but I think that Conflicts: is not
semantically right in this situation.
I would rather see this minimal patch to disallow gecode engine in
ruby-solve, and a Breaks: berkshelf (<= current version)
instead of the Conflicts: ruby-dep-selector.
I think it would ease a lot upgrade path if we just prevent ruby-solve
from using ruby-dep-selector instead of preventing coinstalling them.