Re: RFS: ruby-tzinfo, ruby-gettext, ruby-kgio, ruby-solve

Hi Hleb,

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 04:17:19PM +0300, Hleb Valoshka wrote:

>  * just a new minor version + vcs-* updated:
>    - ruby-tzinfo
>    - ruby-gettext
>    - ruby-kgio
>  * a new major version + d/control changes to prevent broken
> ruby-dep-selector installation
>    - ruby-solve

Could you please update the Standards-Version field and the debhelper
compatibility for these packages, as well as switching the debian/watch
to https?

Can you clarify the situation of ruby-solve with respect to
ruby-dep-selector? The presence of ruby-dep-selector in itself is really
problematic for ruby-solve? Or is it just because ruby-dep-selector is
broken? I understand that it is the latter.
If it is indeed the case, is it not possible to upload an updated, non broken
ruby-dep-selector before ruby-solve to avoid the extra Conflict: statement?