Re: RFS: ruby-tzinfo, ruby-gettext, ruby-kgio, ruby-solve

On 3/21/18, Cédric Boutillier <boutil@debian.org> wrote:

> Is it "normal" that ruby-gettext-setup tests fail with the new
> ruby-gettext? They seem to pass with the current version on
> ci.debian.net.

I've checked ruby-gettext-setup and can say that it doesn't actually
use anything from gettext gem, only from fast-gettext. So its test
failures caused by something else, not the new gettext version.

> For ruby-solve, I couldn't run the tests for berkshelf with the new
> ruby-solve in autopkgtest, because it would complain about unsatisfiable
> dependencies.

Berkshelf by default it uses gecode solver (so it needs to be
patched). And Conflicts header in ruby-solve will prevent its upgrade
if Berkshelf is installed, because the latter has Depends:
ruby-dep-selector.

> I was wondering if instead of conflicting with ruby-dep-selector, it was
> possible to deactivate this engine in ruby-solve, just by forbidding the
> use of :gecode key in solver_for_engine method in lib/solve.rb.

I thought about this, maybe patching solve is a better idea, but see
above. The only solve user is berkshelf so it seems better to patch it
instead.