Re: RFS: unicorn

On 2/14/16, Pirate Praveen <praveen@onenetbeyond.org> wrote:

>>I suppose it's to early to upload 5.0.1:
>
>>1) changelog does not mention all packaging changes between 4.8 and
>>5.0.1
>
> What are those changes?

initscript changes, it does not use 'CONFIGURED' variable anymore, now
it starts daemon only if config.rb in app path exists, it can do
upgrades now. it has hints to start after mysql/postgres.
native systemd service file.

>>2) NEWS.Debian should be created to reflect the most important changes
>>3) I'm still waiting systemd fanboys to provide service file or test
>>one from upstream
>
> See my other mail for an idea.

It's good idea, but it should supported not only with systemd but with
sysv as well.

>>4) postinstall script should check for current init and run upgrade
>>only with sysv or init sytem independent tool should be provided for
>>upgrades
>
> Do we not have both init script and systemd unit files already?

We have, but the main idea of systemd is to use upstream units, so why
to have an own one?