Re: RFS: ruby-hamster 2.0.0-1

Hi,

thanks.

>  - You should list yourself and perhaps others as uploaders.

Again, I'd want the members of the ruby team (who usually approve new
gems in pkg-ruby-extras) to have a look first.

>  - The license of debian/* (GPL-2.0+) and the rest of the package ()
>    differ and patches in debian/patches/* would need to be relicensed
>    before they can go upstream.  Is this intentional?

Will fix that.

>  - One of the patches is missing the Applied-Upstream header.

I did not find a policy that explains an applied upstream header. Could
you point me to it, please?

>  - How did you figure out the copyright of the package?  The only trace
>    I could find of a license for the package is in metadata.yml, stating
>    "licenses: - MIT".  Why do you believe it is Expat licensed?

I was told on #debian-ruby to use Expat instead of MIT if it's that
specific variant of MIT. Isn't this the Expat license?

https://github.com/hamstergem/hamster/blob/master/LICENSE

That's what I found in their upstream github repo. The file is one year
old and version 2.0.0 less old than that, so it should apply to the release.

I have no idea why they don't package the license file with their gem
distribution download (= ruby-specific tar archive).

Regards,

Hanno