Re: RFS: ruby-hamster 2.0.0-1

[Hanno Zulla]

See <URL: http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/ >.

> I was told on #debian-ruby to use Expat instead of MIT if it's that
> specific variant of MIT. Isn't this the Expat license?
>
> https://github.com/hamstergem/hamster/blob/master/LICENSE
>
> That's what I found in their upstream github repo. The file is one year
> old and version 2.0.0 less old than that, so it should apply to the
> release.

Right.  The reason I was confused. is that this file is not in the
ruby-hamster git repo we build from.

> I have no idea why they don't package the license file with their gem
> distribution download (= ruby-specific tar archive).

Something to bring upstream, I guess.  I would assume they just forgot
to list it as a file to include.

ruby-hamster is uploaded now, alongside ruby-wavefile.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen