Re: Updating the ruby-build package

On 05/12/15 11:23, Sebastian Boehm wrote:
> On 5 December 2015 at 02:54, Adam Baxter <voltagex@voltagex.org> wrote:
>> * debian-stable may need a version bump to fix #701918 (or it might be able
>> to be closed?)
>
> I haven't had the time to write a mail explaining this properly, but
> this is probably a WONTFIX issue. ruby-build itself includes
> definitions that need additional patches in order to build. See
> https://github.com/rbenv/ruby-build/pull/195#issuecomment-7743664 for
> details.

Unfortunately, it seems none of the CRubies will build unpatched on current
Debian Sid, even those from the 2.2 series (though I haven't checked all of
them). It may make sense to at least provide the appropriate patches as part of
the package, even if they still require the use of --patch.

Regards,
--
Matijs