Re: Updating the ruby-build package

Hi Adam,

On 5 December 2015 at 02:54, Adam Baxter <voltagex@voltagex.org> wrote:
> * It'd be nice to get a newer version into Debian

importing a newer version of ruby-build is mainly an issue of updating
the manpage. I have to admit that I don't use ruby-build too often
anymore. The Debian Ruby packages are fairly up-to-date nowadays and I
tend to use those for development as well as production.

> * debian-stable may need a version bump to fix #701918 (or it might be able
> to be closed?)

I haven't had the time to write a mail explaining this properly, but
this is probably a WONTFIX issue. ruby-build itself includes
definitions that need additional patches in order to build. See
https://github.com/rbenv/ruby-build/pull/195#issuecomment-7743664 for
details.

> * the Debian source for ruby-build
> (https://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-ruby-extras/ruby-build.git)
> doesn't build since the manpage was modified to use asciidoctor

Sorry, I can't reproduce that one; worked for me using stretch and
sid. Can you describe your problems in more detail (or open a separate
bug)?

Best,
Sebastian