Re: RFS: a lot of

On 27 Jul 2015, at 8:27 pm, Hleb Valoshka <375gnu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/27/15, Potter, Tim (Cloud Services) <timothy.potter@hp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim, thanks for your work!
>
>> TL;DR, there are ITP bugs missing,
>
> Afaik ITP bugs are optional, so I file them only for final packages
> and not for their dependencies, especially not for build dependencies.

Ah - that does make sense.  I’ve been filing buckets of ITP bugs for all my dependencies and it’s a hassle keeping track of them all.  I also noticed that the missing ITP is only a warning in Lintian.

>> debian/*.docs should be updated for all
>> repos, debian/*.examples should be updated for packages containing example code,
>
> Done for all packages.
>
>> and DEP3 headers for submitted patches are required.   (The DEP3 thing seems
>> to be pkg-ruby specific, and I haven’t seen it anywhere else).
>
> If I properly understand http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/ my patches
> have all required fields.
> Forwarded is optional and by default has 'no' if no Bug present.

Rereading the DEP3 page and found you are correct.  Just realised I have been using an auto-generated template from quilt which has a lot more of the optional dependencies filled in.

>>> * ruby-logging (after ruby-little-plugger is accepted)
>>
>> Source in debian/copyright file is template
>
> Fixed

Glad I found an actual bug.  (-:

>> This package fails to run its test suite, but only for ruby2.2:
>
> I was unable to reproduce it. I'm using pbuilder, what do you use?

I’m using a Docker container which theoretically should be identical to pbuilder or other chroot-based software.  I’ll take a more detailed look tomorrow but if it works for you then it’s probably something on my end.

>>> * ruby-winrm (after all previous pakages are accepted)
>>
>> Cloned an empty repository - I don’t think you pushed this because
>> ruby-logging doesn’t build yet?
>
> Yup, this package is WIP yet :)

No worries then.

Tim.